[mythtv-users] Size problems on the TV with pvr350

Jason Garrett kingedgar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 03:35:48 EST 2005

On 10/29/05, Jason Garrett <kingedgar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/29/05, Leigh <lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> > > followed the
> > > starts up
> > > visible
> > > and such go
> > > hard to see
> > > the setup

> > > viewable

> > I have the same thing, currently running Myth on a FC4 box, was using
> > the PVR-350 for both input and output, and had the same "shifted to the
> > left" problem. No biggie really if you're only using it for Myth, once
> > you've dragged a few icons across to the middle of the screen. Bit
> > annoying if you want to use the menus tho (tho having said that, the
> > menus at that low a resolution aren't the best experience in the world
> > ..)
> >
> > Regarding running it in window, I found that the frontends setup GUI
> > size and offset options did the trick in terms of getting the frontend
> > centered.
> > Up until about 7 days ago that's how I was running mine, I changed it
> > recently to use my Geforce 5600 as I installed Stepmania (it wants/needs
> >
> > OpenGL) and wanted to try it on the TV (looks great if anyone's
> > interested!).
> > Currently I've got a copy of the xorg.conf with the 350 as the display,
> > and one with the 5600 as the display, simple matter of copying whichever
> >
> > I want to use over the current xorg.conf and restarting X when I need to
> > switch.

> Does anyone have any reccomendations for offset settings to start with...
> I cant even see the whole text of the setup menus while displayng on the
> tv... I really don't even know what numbers to start out with. Also if
> anyone had any screen shots of the Appearance seciton of TV setup that would
> be cool too. If not, Ill probably drudge around and figure it out
> eventually...
>
> Anyways thanks for all the good input!!!
> --
> "Great men are not always wise" - Job 32:9

One more thing, I have this working good in window mode... but everytime i
back out from watching tv the mythfrontend window gets pushed to the bottom
right a little bit every time... Is there any way to keep that in one
position instead of having it move to the lower right hand corner?

--
"Great men are not always wise" - Job 32:9