[mythtv-users] Getting MythTV to recognize existing AVIs

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Oct 30 09:37:34 EST 2005

OK, I have MythTV pretty much set up....   That was easy!

I have one issue - and I know I am missing something very basic.

I have about a hundred movies stored as AVIs.  MythTV has created the
point-and-click page for them.  They play just fine.  But....

There are no icons; just squares.  When I click on one, I get the
information page, and it's all blank/unknown.

I've checked and I can get movie data using avimanager, so the machine
has connectivity to the web and to imdb.

I am guessing that somewhere I have to tell MythTV what title to search
for, and to explicitly tell it to populate the information.... But where?

Thanks,

--Yan