[mythtv-users] Mythweb problems - missing thumbnail causes backend to crash

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 11:07:26 EST 2005

On 10/30/05, Richie Jarvis <richie at helkit.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am having a bit of a problem with my 18.1 installation.  When I try
> and use Mythweb to display a list of recordings, I have a problem where
> a bunch of the programs I have recorded are missing their thumbnails,
> this causes mythbackend to go into an infinite loop with 'waiting for a
> thread..'
>
> So, 2 questions, why is mythbackend not create the thumbnails?  and why
> does Mythweb take out mythbackend?
>
> If anyone has any idea what is going on, could they let me know please?

I've got a bunch of recordings without thumbnails.  I don't think I
can skip through them properly when playing them either.  My backend
doesn't crash, however mythweb does take a long time to load the
'recorded programmes' page.  I believe the problem was caused by
running mythtv with a corrupted/crashed? mysql database after a power
cut.  It took me a week or so to figure out something wasn't right.
After I ran mysqlcheck, all new recordings were fine again.  Other
than deleting the recordings affected, I don't know how to fix this
but would be interested to learn of a way to regenerate the missing
database data.  Perhaps someone else knows how to do this?  Also, am I
right in thinking mysql has a mode of operation that is more resilient
to power failure?

Kind Regards,
Alex