[mythtv-users] Better looking playback?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 18:37:55 EST 2005

I have a nvidia geforce 5200, using svideo out. Mythtv looks sharp and very
nice looking. However playback is still not that great. Not really sharp
like the menu. I've played with the XV picture color controls, and tried
kernel, bob, and liner deinterlacing techniques and nothing looks as sharp
as that. Is it because it's deinterlacing the video? or because of the ivtv
driver for the 2 pvr 250's i have?
I've seen 5200 with dvi outs (like this, but this is 5500,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130197), i have a
52" lg dlp tv with dvi input, my cable and my dvd player go to the 2
composite inputs, would getting this video card could i then run it in
progressive so no deinterlacing required? And would it look better at all?
Also, i've seen some cards that say HDTV out, but it looks like a s video
output, can someone explain what this is, and would it help either?

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell