[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Myth Lists mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Oct 31 10:55:58 EST 2005

> no probs. I forgot to write a few notes about the debs. First, they
> require libexif to be installed, the normal debian packages don't but
> somehow that option got configured into my build. Second, for a first
> install I found it best to create a local archive so that the
> dependancies get taken care of automatically. To do so add something
> like "deb file:/path/to/debs ./" to /etc/sources.list and, in that
> directory, do a dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null | gzip > Packages. Then
> aptitude update and install mythfrontend mythvideo and so on and you
> should be good to go.
>
> - George

Ok, got it installed and I can watch TV from my backend server.  I don't
seem to be getting any themes though.  I have them installed both on the
xbox and on the backend.  When I go into the frontend setup, appearance,
it doesn't allow me to select anything other then GANT, which is what
the default setup was on my backend.  I had to copy GANT over to the
Xbox because it wasn't there.

Thx
NOrm