[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 10:32:56 EST 2005

N0rm

I'm just finishing off a gentoo mythfrontend xBox and
am running into problems with lirc for the DVD remote.
 Unfortunately I didn't have any problem with themes
in my setup, although I had a load of problems trying
to get 2.4.31 kernel to work before throwing in the
towel and going for a 2.6.12.5 kernel instead.

If you manage to get your DVD remote working with lirc
please could you tell me know what you did?

If you need to know anything about my setup please let
me know,

Thanks,

Ben

--- Myth Lists <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:

> > no probs. I forgot to write a few notes about the
> debs. First, they
> > require libexif to be installed, the normal debian
> packages don't but
> > somehow that option got configured into my build.
> Second, for a first
> > install I found it best to create a local archive
> so that the
> > dependancies get taken care of automatically. To
> do so add something
> > like "deb file:/path/to/debs ./" to
> /etc/sources.list and, in that
> > directory, do a dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null |
> gzip > Packages. Then
> > aptitude update and install mythfrontend mythvideo
> and so on and you
> > should be good to go.
> >
> > - George
> >

> Ok, got it installed and I can watch TV from my
> backend server.  I don't
> seem to be getting any themes though.  I have them
> installed both on the
> xbox and on the backend.  When I go into the
> frontend setup, appearance,
> it doesn't allow me to select anything other then
> GANT, which is what
> the default setup was on my backend.  I had to copy
> GANT over to the
> Xbox because it wasn't there.
>
> Thx
> NOrm

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |