[mythtv-users] Help Diskless frontend

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 10:35:16 EST 2005

My NFS root xBox is fine, however, I'm using a local
swap on the xBox fatx HDD in case that effects
anyone's choice.

This setup works great for me, if only I could get
lirc working :-(

Good luck,

Ben

--- Phill Wiggin <wigginp at mantech-wva.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why does your setup "suck[s] for
> mythfrontend"?  I was
> planning on setting up a similar system (to get rid
> of the HD in my
> frontend), but if your problems are the norm, I may
> have to rethink that
> plan...
>
> Phill
>
> Adam Skinner wrote:
>
> >Hi ,
> >
> >I would like to setup a diskless mythtv frontend. I
> have a working
> >gentoo based installation working so far (pxe
> loader , nfs share based
> >kernel) , but this sucks for mythfrontend.
> >
> >I noticed in an earlier post, someone mentioned
> they had something
> >similar using knoppymyth. Please could you explain
> a bit more in
> >detail.
> >
> >Any other suggesstions?? Im thinking ramdisk may
> help.

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |