[mythtv-users] Window Managers - Success with "ratpoison" instead of kde

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 10:41:31 EST 2005

I use Evilwm in my mythfrontends and I just SSH into
them for admin since they are only plugged into TVs.

I think Evilwm is the smallest WM out there and it
works great.  The xBox has no memory problems.

Ben

--- Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> can do to run without
> manager.  It doesn't draw
> manage the focus of any
> WM, but mplayer focus
> months now with a raw X
> mentioned.... although I may try to
> respawn.  Been thinking about

> > > have you tried the "-fstype" in mplayer? it
> should be able to fix any
> > > focus issues with whatever WM you use.
> > >
> > > Steve
> >
> >  	I haven't, but it's something I wasn't aware
> of... good thing to
> > remember in my "bag-o-tricks."  I actually have
> another good reason for
> > ratpoison... no monitor (only NTSC television) on
> the local computer.  If
> > I need to fix something, I need a terminal.
> Console mode doesn't work
> > (only 480i, not VGA works on the NTSC TV).... so,
> I use ratpoison to fire
> > up an xterm.
> >
> >  	... and YES, with a decent tvout, a 80x24 xterm
> is quite readable
> > on a TV.
> >
> > -Cory
>
> ah, well, there is that too ;-)  Do you have another
> linux computer you could
> SSH into your mythtv box with? Minus a network
> problem you can run anything
> from the MythTV box and have it output to the other
> linux machine.
>
> Steve

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |