[mythtv-users] HD Stuttering

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Mon Oct 31 11:29:07 EST 2005

On Oct 31, 2005, at 12:44 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> I also notice that not every station reacts the same.  Some work
>> better than others but eventually all fail.

I notice that I get the same stuttering in a recorded ATSC program,
however the trick of pressing pause for a few seconds while watching
live tv seems to work.  This really seems like it must point to a
limitation within mythtv and the buffer.  I'm curious though because
it seems some people don't have the problem.  I would love it if
someone who knew what they were doing could lay out a good way to
debug this.

In case you have anything similar, this is the system I'm running on...

AMD Athlon 3000+ (1.8GHz) 512KB L2 Cache 939-pin
MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum Motherboard
512Mb Kingston Memory
Dedicated buffer partition on SATA drive of 1GB
mythtv-SVN #7634

Fedora Core 4, Vanilla Kernel 2.6.13.4 with config options...
CONFIG_HZ_1000=y
CONFIG_HZ=1000
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y