[mythtv-users] Hardware Woes

Chris Trown ctrown at safe-mail.net
Mon Oct 31 12:21:29 EST 2005

Gregg wrote:
> Yes I meant SMP :).  I understood that the SMP Kernel would recognize a
> p4 HT processor as two processors.  Is that incorrect? And if it does is
> there an advantage to switching to an SMP Kernel?

      *If* your Mobo and BIOS supports Hyperthreading, then yes, you
should use an SMP kernel.  The CPU should support it.  I just did some
quick Googling and turned up the following.  A bit old, but...

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php?story=20040226231747944

      Not so old...

http://kerneltrap.org/node/5120

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin