[mythtv-users] LiveTV works - recording doesn't

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 31 13:02:15 EST 2005

Simon Levitt wrote:

>On Monday 31 October 2005 15:05, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>May not have been the best time to update to latest SVN if you actually
>>use LiveTV.
>>
>>http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/501
>>
>Thanks for the reply, and Damn!...
>I'm just building the box, so updating isn't really relevant... *8-)
>
>Having read the ticket, in my case I'm not seeing even the zero length file
>(at least not recently; I do recall getting those a couple of times before
>though).
>
>I've also not had a successful scheduled recording, but I've only tried that
>once or twice, figuring that if a manual recording didn't work at the
>backend, why would a scheduled! (Although that's probably a flawed
>assumption!).
>
>I'll try it tonight.
>
>What would be the best "-v" options to capture what would be most useful?
>
>I'll also update to the latest SVN revision..

If you've got rev 7646 or above, you it should not be segfaulting on
you.  If not, and if it is in fact recording, you should be able to see
the new recording by going back to "Watch Recordings" and selecting the
show as it's recording.

As far as -v options, Daniel knows what the problem is, but fixing it is
very low priority because it only affects recordings started from LiveTV
and once the LiveTV rework is complete, it won't be a problem.  If
you're just looking for them for your own debugging--if your scheduled
recordings don't work--you can just go with "all" and wade through the
info.  That way, you'd be sure to get anything relevant--and a bunch more.

Also, if scheduled recordings don't work, it may be a problem with your
configuration--like inputs/sources/etc.

Mike