[mythtv-users] Multiple Systems - Multiple Remotes

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:57:36 EST 2005

On 10/31/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> options lirc_atiusb unique=1
>
> and use version 0.7.0pre5 or above.
>
> It works, too. My remote is configured to use remote code 1 (note that
> the configuration is specified by the lircd.conf, not by the 1
> above--the 1 above is a boolean indicating true), but--I now know--my
> remote "defaults" to 16. So, when I dropped my remote one day and it
> knocked the batteries out, my remote quit working. Of course, I didn't
> try the remote after dropping it, so the next time I used the remote and
> it wasn't working, I thought it was bad batteries. It was low-priority
> (I had a wireless keyboard), but about 6 days later, I finally
> thought--maybe the channel needs reset... :)
>
> Unfortunately, another Myth box I maintain has a RW that defaults to
> code 1, so short of maintaining two lircd.conf's, I can't make a more
> fail-safe remote configuration, but now that I know, it's not a problem.
>
> Also, if you're currently using a version earlier than 0.7.0pre5, you'll
> have to create a new lircd.conf. My config from before the change
> didn't work after the change--even when I set unique=0 (or left the
> option out--it defaults to ignoring the channel).

Thank you, Michael !

I thought for sure that I would have to maintain different versions of the
source code. Guess I better re-read lirc_atiusb.c A LOT more closely.

I'm using lirc-0.7.2, and I will go back into the package and read through
it until I learn everything I need to know.

You have saved me so much time, I can't thank you enough. Knowing that I can
match each separate remote to its specific MythTV system using just settings
in the control files, takes a big load off my mind.

MythTV and LIRC - what a combination !

--
MM