[mythtv-users] No data in mythweb program listings?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Oct 31 19:53:36 EST 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 05:04:21PM -0500, Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> Chris, the local URL you provided yields the following:
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2005-10-31 07:14 and ended on
> 2005-10-31 07:15. Successful.
> There's guide data until 2005-11-14 03:12 (14 days).
> DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on 01/17/2006 09:04:02 PM

Obviously your problem is not a lack of data.

A few things come to mind:

1) Is the web server running on the back-end machine?  If not, then
you need to tell MySQL to allow connections from external machines.

2) Did you put the mythconverg user and password in the conf.php file
in mythweb's config directory?

3) Have you checked the back-end mythtv-setup to see if the listings
are actually associated with a capture card?  I haven't checked, but
I'm guessing that mythfilldatabase only looks at the listings config
and would therefore download data even if you had no card, but
mythtv-backend and/or mythweb will only show you episodes you can
actually record.

4) Have you maybe told mythtv or mythweb to show you only your
favorite channels but then forgot to mark any of them as favorites?