[mythtv-users] HD3000 and High-Def

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 02:56:20 UTC 2005

Thanks for the posts guys.
 So, do the HD cards do a similar job as the PVR250 or PVR350 where it
encodes on the fly to an MPEG file (save the stream as you say)?Just how
 " If you have the
3000, I believe it supports QAM, which means you can plug the cable
straight into the card and receive any clear signals. Typically,
however, that is limited to networks (at least in the US). That means
you can't get HBO-HD on your 3000."
 So, from what I understandfrom my friends HD is like in the upper 500's on
our cable system which mimics it's counterpart on in SD let's say channel 3.
Will I be able to tune to the 500's HD channels or are you saying if channel
3 is broadcasting in HDthen I would beable to watch in HD if I had one of
these cards?
 How large would an HD file be? An SD file for me for about an hour of
viewing is 3 gig give or take a bit.

AJM,