[mythtv-users] Advanced Recording Schedules

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 1 06:36:03 UTC 2005

Bob wrote:
> How can I restrict the
> "Find and record one showing of this title each day."
> Schedule option to only apply to one channel?
>
> Example: I want to record the BBC world program "Asia Today" once a day,
> it's repeated about 3 or 4 times in the day and due the poor quality of
> the TV Listings I get (in the Philippines using http://www.tvxb.com/) I
> don't know what's a repeat or anything. I'd like to record one of the
> various showings a day at an unfixed time when it doesn't interfere with
> my other recordings, the process is complicated but the fact that
> various other channels have unrelated shows with exactly the same name.

If you mean to match only the channel(s) with the exact callsign
"BBC" then go to mythfrontend's Schedule Recordings->Search
Words->Advanced. Click "<New Search>", enter "Asia Today" for
the title phrase and choose "BBC" from the station widget. Press
Enter to test it, "M" to bring up the popup again, "M" or Tab to
focus on the buttons and click "Record". Choose to record once
per day then Save.

If you need to match any of BBC, BBC2, BBC3, or whatever, go to
mythfrontend's Schedule Recordings->Custom Record then cut'n'paste
this into the text box:

program.title = "Asia Today"
AND channel.callsign LIKE "BBC%"

then save it as a daily record rule. Details on how to use Custom
Record are at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.8 .

--  bjm