[mythtv-users] HD3000 and High-Def

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:11:37 UTC 2005

"Do you have an HDTV?"
 I have an HD capable TV so it's without a converter if I understand
correctly? I was hoping I could do some recording in Myth with an HD3000
then pass it to the TV for viewing, correct assumption?
 So, if I don't need a cable box with QAM then what would prevent me from
plugging an HD television into the cable and avoid paying for HD content?
Unless your referring to those channels being broadcast in HD, in the states
CBS or NBC, etc? Which I would assume is similar to OTA?
 The programming below is offered by insight and I might be able to answer
my own question on HD content if I'm assuming correctly... The channels
below are bing broadcast in HD and located in the upper 500's but you need a
cable box to get those upper channels. Assuming I could tune those channels
in, I'm guesssing I would be able to watch the HD content if I have an HD
television?
This is from Insight...
 [image: MORE HDTV PROGRAMMING:]

When you get HDTV from Insight, you automatically get Universal HD.

Plus, when you sign up for the HD Pak, you'll get:
ESPNHD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
Discovery HD Theater
 Thanks for the info guys. I'm just trying to digest and get a reference
point to where I stand in relation to preparedness for HD.