[mythtv-users] Odd issue when skipping forward in recordings

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:47:25 UTC 2005

On 9/2/05, Brian Wallen <brian_wallen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using a remote frontend, and samba to watch the recordings from the
> backend.  I'm doing this because its the only way I know to share files over
> a network, although I know it can be done with NFS.  When I skip forward in
> a recording, the length of the recording fluctuates.  So if a recording is
> say, 30 minutes, when I hit the skip button it will fluctuate wildly between
> about 29:30 and 30:30.  Would this happen if I used NFS?

I doubt it would, they're the same files in the end. I'd make sure
your database tables are all OK firstly, as this is known to cause
oddities in reported recording length and issues when navigating
through a file. Also, what type of recordings are these? DVB, HDTV or
capture card source? I normally have no problems with DVB files, but
ivtv files sometime have really erratic recording lengths displayed.

Nick