[mythtv-users] LAN / WLAN / WLAN USB (with EPIA system) and some other Mythv questions (program extensions...)

Dennis Meyer durchgedreht at gmx.de
Fri Sep 2 11:19:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm starting a VIA EPIA project with Myhtv and ask myself a few
questions (I'm just starting, so some noob questions are there too ;-)

1) Is there a LAN support?

2) Is samba within mithv?
If not, can it be (easily) added?

3) Does Mythv or better Linux at all support USB WLAN adapters?
-As the VIA ITX boards do have only one PCI slot, I'd prefer a USB WLAN
adapter.

4) Does Mythv or better Linux at all support USB Bluetooth adapters?
-See 3 and 5 for my reasons.

5) Can I add other Linux programs to Mythv on my own (I'm not a Linuxer,
but do not hide myself for compiling ;-)?
-I would like to add a Bemused server, controlling XMMS from my
bluetooth phone. I did this under windows and it worked incredibly!!!

My system config:

VIA C3 Nemiah 800MHz fanless SP8000SP
512MB RAM
300GB Maxtor HDD
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350
MSI Bluetooth stick
USB WLAN adapter (NETGEAR WG111TGR USB 108 MBit would be my favorite,
but did not find any linux related websites!?)

THX to all out there providing the info and help the windows world barely
gets!

Dennis