[mythtv-users] Two tuners but got dropped from live TV when a single recording started

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 00:43:41 UTC 2005

On 9/2/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/09/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > TV Settings->General, first page, check "Avoid conflicts between
> > > live TV and scheduled shows".
> > >
> > > --  bjm
> >
> > Hi Bruce,
> >    I don't see why that isn't checked by default!
> >

> I think the thinking was to make sure recordings have higher priority
> than LiveTV, but the option could be in the main setup to make it
> obvious.
>
> >    I assume that if I scheduled a second recording that I would get
> > kicked since recording takes precedence over watching? I guess I can
> > run that experiement also.
>
> You should get a menu on the screen before the recording is due to
> start, gving the option to carry on LiveTV (not record), record the
> show, or start watching the recording.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,
   I didn't get any message - I just got dropped. I have seen that
message when I was sitting on the backend machine itself watching live
TV and a recording needed to start. Today was sort of a special case
as I have construction going on and the TV was covered with a sheet.

   To be clear I was sitting on a frontend only PC watching TV. The
recording works on the backend in another room talking to an NFS mount
 storage. The system is a combination of 0.18.0 and 0.18.1 machines.

   Anyway, the option Bruce pointed me at seems to have worked so
that's a big help.

Cheers,
Mark