[mythtv-users] Re: Two tuners but got dropped from live TV when a single recording started

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 16:26:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 05:19:21PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> TV Settings->General, first page, check "Avoid conflicts between
> live TV and scheduled shows".

That's only a partial solution.  I've said this before, but I'll say
it again.  I have a more complete solution sketched out.  However,
since live TV is a very low priority to me, I may never get to it.  If
someone else wants to take a stab at it though, I'd be happy to coach
them through it.

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 05:33:31PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    I don't see why that isn't checked by default!

If you have different quality tuner cards, this option will make live
TV use the lowest quality tuner.

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 05:43:41PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    I didn't get any message - I just got dropped. I have seen that

That's a known bug.  I hope danielk is working on it since I think his
changes introduced it.

David
--
David Engel