[mythtv-users] mythfrontend - schedule priority

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Sep 5 01:03:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 05:26:38PM -0700, dean javu wrote:
> I'll give it another try.  Last time, a WMBA game with a priority 4 overpowered
> a football game with a priority 10.  Isn't that weird?

The recording priority is the sum of the channel priority and the search
rule priority.  If 4 and 10 refer to search rules then the WMBA game
could have had a higher total priority if it was a on a channel that was
6 or more points higher than the channel for the football game.

The other factor that comes into play is the "reschedule higher
priorities" option.  If that is checked, then a high-priority show that
is listed more than once will be scheduled to a later viewing if a
lower-priority show exists only once in the schedule and needs the first
time slot in order to be missed entirely.  That means Myth might have
looked ahead and saw the live football game was going to be rebroadcast
from tape at a later time.  It's also possible that the title/subtitle
information for the football wasn't unique and a different football game
was found elsewhere in the schedule.

Last but not least, it's possible that the football game was blocked by
yet another higher-priority show that overlapped the first or last 30
minutes of the game, which opened up the rest of the recording period
for the low-priority WMBA game.