[mythtv-users] small problem with receiving channels

AJ Hettema joukio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:51:27 UTC 2005

hello,
 I have configured mythtv 0.18.1 on a Debian Sarge system with a Hauppage
DVB-s card. It works fine for me beside's just one thing:
I can't receive any channels that are encrypted. I have the originall canal+
card an a CI interface for the Hauppage card, so it's as legal as it can
get.
But mythtv will not encrypt any canal+ channels. I am sure this card is
fully functionall because it works in any other satreceiver I put it in.
 Will there ever be any support in Mythtv for this kind of setup, or will
Mythtv be only able to receive non-encrypted channels?
 sincerely
 AJ Hettema
 ps: I do not intend to do anything illegal, but Mythtv is such a great
thing that it would be nice if I could use it to watch to encrypted channels
as well.