[mythtv-users] Video capture problems with Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 250

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:48:27 UTC 2005

On 06/09/05, John T. Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> I am installing mythtv using the wilsonet.com documentation and everything
> seemed to be going fine until I got to the point of testing the video
> capture.

<snip>

> I now see the tuner and the mplayer window but the only way I can get a
> picture in mplayer is to use the yellow video in on place the tuner on
> composite 4.  Whenever I try to get any video from the coax input I get
> nothing.  I have tried changing channels and still nothing.  I even tried a
> VCR set for channel 3 or 4 and got nothing to display.  Any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated.

Have you used ivtvctl to try all of the inputs available through the
driver (typically tuner, 4x composite, and 4x S-Video)? Normally this
will let you work out which inputs you need to connect up to video
sources in mythtvsetup. When using ptune, you also need to ensure you
are using the correct channel settings (e.g. US cable, Europe etc)

Nick