[mythtv-users] Re: Long pause when launching mythfrontend

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:33:43 UTC 2005

On 9/6/05, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul, thanks for the response.  I tried out cdrecord --scanbus, it completes right away and it finds both my hard drives (SATA) but there are no CD drives.  If I point it specifically at my cddrive (/dev/hda) it also completes immediately and finds the drive.  Any more suggestions?  Here's the output if your interested:

If scanbus completes straight away then it isn't that. It doesn't look
like there is much logging in mythmusic, so I can only suggest you
look through the 'mythplugin_init' code - I assume this is the bit
that runs when the plugin registers? It is in mythmusic/main.cpp and
see if there is anything that might be tripping up.

Paul