[mythtv-users] MPEG2 Encoded Program Playback Performance w/VIA Unichrome xvmc

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Sep 6 17:31:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:10:37 -0500, Doug Lim wrote:

> The fact that xvmc support is working properly in general is confirmed
> by the fact that both DVD and MPEG2-encoded recorded program playback through
> xine (with -vo xxmc) are putting about 5% load on the CPU.

What are you using to determine the CPU load?
I've seen various references to figures but no reference to the
program/applet which  is being used.

And googling has not produced anything which will compile and install on
my Via SP13000 with Mandriva 10.2 and KDE
Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638