[mythtv-users] Problems with FC4 and WinTV PVR150

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 7 00:19:15 UTC 2005

Michael Kalus wrote:

> When I cat /dev/video0 I do receive a picture but it is distorted
> (only maybe 2/3 I can see, the rest is off to the right) and at best
> I can get false colours or black and white but no colour at all.

Capture at 720xWhatever (i.e. 720x480 for NTSC or 720x576 for PAL) to
fix the partial picture.

Also, make sure you have the right tuner (which means, don't specify a
tuner type--let it autodetect the tuner for you).  Black and white is
typically a) using the wrong tuner type (i.e. PAL type for an NTSC tuner
or vice versa) or b) bad cable for the S-Video connection or a bad
converter for a Composite->S-Video converter, or c) setting the wrong
input (i.e. using the "Composite" input settings when connected to the
S-Video connection).

Mike