[mythtv-users] MythTV is already using all available inputs

David Buttrick dbuttric at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 04:41:16 UTC 2005

For the last 2 days, when I try to start the mythfrontend, and watch
live tv, I get the message:
MythTV is already using all available inputs for recording.

I look in the recording schedule, and there is nothing scheduled.
Plus, I cannot schedule anything from the program guide.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to fix this problem?

I've tried:
* restarting the backend
* stop the backend, rmmod ivtv, then modprobe ivtv, and then restart
the backend.
* rebuilding from mythtv-setup

Coudl this be somekind of database permissions problem? everything
else works, and I used the included SQL to setup the database
permissions...

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dave