[mythtv-users] Extending aVolumeGroup

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:03:49 UTC 2005

Just a quick note I was able to add the new device to the VG "vgdisplay"
helped by allowing me to see the layout of the VG and get the size
information.
 This was the order when adding a new device for me:
 *pvcreate /dev/hdd1* <==== new device is prepped? for VG
 *vgextend VolGroup01 /dev/hdd1* <====== extend the VG to include the new
device
 *lvextend -L12G /dev/VolGroup01 /VGforMyth* <==== extend the volume, I used
the information received from "vgdisplay" to get the entire size of the VG.
(this would extend to 12GB)
 *mount -o remount,resize /video* <=== in my case for JFS this was the
resize command.
 Thanks for all the help.
 AJM,