[mythtv-users] Automatic transcoding

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 8 02:29:03 UTC 2005

	From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Alex Brekken
	Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:42 AM
	To: Discussion about mythtv
	Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Automatic transcoding

	Any chance a recording made on the master is trying to be transcoded
by the slave? (or vice-versa)  I've got a master/slave backend setup, and
I've noticed that often my transcoding jobs fail because  the slave tries to
process a recording that was made on the master.  Looking at the backend
logs on the slave, there's a mesage that states something to the effect that
"remote" transcoding is not allowed.  (unlike commercial flagging, which can
be done on any backend regardless of where the recording was made)  Not sure
if this is what's happening in your case, but I've seen this bug quite
often.

I think that might actually be the problem.  Before, I had both backends
using the same location (slave via NFS).  Now that they are currently
separate, it looks like anything recorded on the slave is failing.  I've
changed the setting and will see how it goes.

Thanks,

Mo