[mythtv-users] MythMusic directory sort...

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Thu Sep 8 08:40:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:55:46 -0600, Timothy McFadden wrote:
> I have my directories set up as /music/genre/artist/album.  My problem is
> that a couple of the genres have many artists.  I'd like to keep "tree
> sorting" as "directory" but have "splitartist" for directories containing
> more than, say, 20 artists.
>
> Is that even possible w/o compiling my own?

I have a similar layout and a similar problem.

Eventually I worked around it by making a parallel directory hierarchy
with A-D etc directories containing symlinks back to the artists in the
main tree.

It works perfectly well, takes almost no disk space, and requires just a
little maintenance. Still, if you want to make a code fix I'd be
interested!

Cheers,

Martin.