[mythtv-users] Backend symbol problem

Colin McGregor colinmc151 at rogers.com
Thu Sep 8 13:30:00 UTC 2005

I am in the process of attempting to get MythTV up and
running on my PC and I am getting the following error
when I attempt to start the Myth backend:

# mythbackend -d
mythbackend: Symbol
`_ZTVSt15basic_stringbufIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEE'
has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking

What am I missing?

I am running Debian 3.1 ("Sarge") with a 2.6.8 kernel
on a Sempron 2400+ CPU with 256 MB RAM. The video card
is a nVidia GeForce FX 5500 chipset with 256MB. The
video capture card is a Hauppauge PVR-150.

The way I got the software was to do the:

# apt-get -b build-dep mythtv
# apt-get -b build-dep mythtv-backend
# apt-get build-dep mythplugins

Ideas?