[mythtv-users] Very Basic Question

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Thu Sep 8 13:57:36 UTC 2005

I have MythTV now recording and I can watch TV!
I may have broken some more advanced features in my attempts to get the basics working.

I have a PVR-350
I want to record the TV shows in DVD format so that I can just burn them to disk using K3B
Can someone talk down to me on how to setup the default quality, resolution and basically get
everything straight?
right now I am getting 640X480 I think and it takes about 2 gigs for a 30 minute show.
I also want to know, on a P3 933mhz machine how long does commercial removal take? how do I know when
it is done?

I would rather have a higher quality recording and buy another hard drive, but I don't want to have
a bit rate that is way to high. My concern is really getting High quality recordings to put on DVD
I am going to get my wedding, my daughters birth, and a few other VHS tapes into this box and
I want them to be able to play on anybody's set top DVD player(mom, and mother-in-law)

thanks