[mythtv-users] OT: enabling xfs in Fedora Core 4

Frank Lynch frank.lynch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:50:12 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,
This is completely off topic, but given the number of fedora users on
this list I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

I built a FC4 system, but forgot to enable xfs at install time. Ext3
isn't cutting it for storage of large media files. So I'm wondering if
it is possible to enable xfs in Fedora Core 4 without having to go
back and do a complete re-install?
I imagine that it must be possible to download and install the
relevant kernel modules and utilities for xfs?

Can someone point me at rpm's or details on how I would do this using
yum. I really don't want to have to rebuid this machine from scratch.
thanks in advance for any advice/tips/suggestions,
cheers,
--Frank