[mythtv-users] QAM256, no pids after scan?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:01:13 UTC 2005

Brian Long [brilong at cisco.com] wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 10:39 -0400, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> > I'm trying to setup my new Fusion HDTV5 Gold to use QAM256 from my
> > local (US) cable company.  The Fusion card itself works amazingly
> > well, but Mythtv's setup has me confused.  I'm running Mythtv from
> > earlier this year, shortly before the subversion conversion.
>
> Andrew et al,
>
> I'm interested in the stability of a DVB / QAM solution?  Would this

It seems pretty stable so far, as long as I don't use mythtv ;)
Eg, all all the dvb testing programs and apps work fine,  I just
can't get Myth to deal with the QAM channels.

I've had OTA working for 6 months with a different card, and that
is quite stable.

I just upgraded to the current svn last night, and will be trying to
scan again with QAM this weekend, as I know people have been working
on channel scanning issues.

> allow me to ditch a Hauppage PVR-150 analong capture card and the
> digital cable receiver in favor of the Fusion card mentioned above?

>        Phone: (919) 392-7363           |   C i s c o   S y s t e m s

It all depends on what your cable provider sends in the clear.  From
your phone number, it sounds like you're also in the triangle area.
In Cary I can get the TWC digital SD feeds for all the locals, plus
their news14 station, WGN, some shopping channels, and CSTV.  This
seems like it is the equivalent to all the analogs < 25, or what you'd
get for the basic cable subscription.  I can get HD feeds for PBS,
CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, Discovery-HD, and TNT-HD (and Universal-HD, but
that is supposed to be temporary).

I cannot get ESPN, CNN, HBO, etc.   When basketball season comes
around again, I'll have to invest in an analog tuner..  :-(

Drew