[mythtv-users] Import DVD silently failing

Jason Ferrara jason at discordia.org
Fri Sep 9 14:05:35 UTC 2005

I have quite a few DVDs that if I try to import them mythtv goes all
the way through the import process but at the very end the video file
isn't there. There are no error messages in mtd.log.

Using the transcode commands from mtd.log to run the process
manually, I see that transcode gets all the way to the end of the
second pass and then fails with a bus error.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

My system:
Fedora Core 3
mythtv-0.18.1-112.rhfc3.at
transcode-1.0.0-18.rhfc3.at