[mythtv-users] Fastest file system

Baudouin, Andrew andrew.baudouin at awc-inc.com
Fri Sep 9 14:54:53 UTC 2005

What you have said simply isn't the case.  Ext2 might be "rock solid", but
that also translates into "dog slow" at what MythTV users want to do.

XFS or JFS is the best choice for a MythTV shows partition.  They are both
excellent at handling large files.  I recommend JFS.

ReiserFS is the best choice for a many-small-file partition, much like
/usr/portage on Gentoo.

You'll find that Linux isn't that stable when it comes to using MythTV.  I
have found memory leaks in either my sound card driver or the MythTV program
itself (sound quits working after a couple of days).

Andrew