[mythtv-users] Difference in CPU usage mplayer vs MythTV mplayer

Brian McEntire brian.mcentire at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:14:48 UTC 2005

Maybe a silly question, but can I ask why?

It seems (only from limited usage, granted) that mplayer does a better job
resource wise. Does it have to do with getting things like remote controls
or bound keys to control volume, etc?

What is mythvideo? Is there a way to link the Watch recorded shows to fire
up mplayer instead of whatever mythfrontend executes? I'm new to Myth, the
quality of this suite of programs is INCREDIBLE! I'm just working my way up
the learning curve, and it feels like there is so much to learn.