[mythtv-users] One channel has bad audio synchronisation.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 10 18:18:26 UTC 2005

Bob wrote:

> It's not MythTV as the audio is about one second behind the video on
> this one channel on the TV as well, that's the way the cable co gives
> it to us. Other than adding that glamorous "badly dubbed foreign film"
> feel to Desperate Housewives (which is an improvement incase you're
> wondering) it's driving she who must be obeyed up the wall.
>
> Is there a way I can delay the video by a second or so, on one channel
> only?

The best way is to call your cable company and tell them to fix the
problem.  How much are you paying for that garbage from your
government-sponsored local monopoly, anyway?

Other than that, you could always demux/remux the stream with a
specified offset.  If it's a constant offset, this shouldn't be too
difficult; otherwise...

Mike