[mythtv-users] MythMusic volume too quiet

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 01:55:30 UTC 2005

On 10/09/05, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My MythMusic is always a LOT quieter than the rest of
> MythTV (DVD player, Live TV, etc).
>
> It's not so bad going INTO MythMusic, as all you have
> to do is turn up the volume. But it's TERRIBLE coming
> out of it, because if you forget to turn the volume
> down first, it nearly blows your eardrums out when you
> watch a show. :)
>
> I'm running KnoppMyth R5A16 w/ an Intel 8x0 chipset
> sound card. I'm using ALSA w/OSS emulation.

Are you using ALSA for MythTV and then OSS for MythMusic? Have you
tried using OSS for everything to see if that removes the audio level
problems? MythMusic requires OSS, so it might be interesting to see if
using OSS throughout makes any difference (as it should then be using
the same mixer device). I'm not sure whether your mixer would show a
different control for audio using the OSS compat.

Nick