[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 21:40:23 UTC 2005

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure how to check for database errors. I uninstalled everything,
deleted all databases and reinstalled mythtv, mysql and all, and followed
the howto to the letter again. This time, I set the device in mythtv-setup
to /dev/audio & I am getting sound, but still no channel lineups. I get the
same errors whenever I use mythfilldatabase (I am starting completely from
scratch). Am I setting the lineup retrieval wrong (I am in the US, and have
my channels configged in zap2it.com <http://zap2it.com/>, and am configging
datadirect with my login & pwd. Running tv_grab_na_dd separately downloads
the listings into an xml file, and tvtime renders it correctly).

I tried to tell mythfilldatabase to read the xml file I created by
"mythfilldatabase --file 0 -1 listings.xml but it said:

"Don't use tv_grab_na_dd, use the internal datadirect grabber"

How do I do that exactly? Could you please guide me as to the commands used?
I looked at manpages and google but got very confused.

I finally decided to uninstall everything and restart. I did and ran into
problems. I installed the mythconverg database, and tried to start the
mythtv-setup utility, but it crashes with the following error:

2005-09-11 16:35:01.954 New DB connection, total: 1
Total desktop width=1024, height=768, numscreens=1
2005-09-11 16:35:01.962 Using screen 0, 1024x768 at 0,0
Could not find theme: blue
2005-09-11 16:35:01.981 Switching to square mode (blue)
mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages
2005-09-11 16:35:02.404 Joystick disabled.
Could not find theme: blue
Couldn't find theme blue
If this is the master backend server:
Now, please run 'mythfilldatabase' to populate the database
with channel information.

Thanks for your attention,
 AR