[mythtv-users] SATA and IDE ATA100 in the Same LVM grouping?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Sep 11 22:52:35 UTC 2005

>>> "Ian Towler" <ian at itowler.com> 09/11/05 6:14 PM >>>
> I have searched the forums for a while now, and have
> not come up with a solid answer.
>
> Can you use LVM to group a SATA drive with an IDE
> ATA100 drive?  if you can, is it just the standard
> commands or are there any pitfalls to be aware of?
>
> Thanks ahead of time.
>
> Ian

No problems.  I have 2 sata and 3 IDE drives in the same
group (my video partition) and things have been working
fine for almost a year now...

Can't wait for that Hitachi/IBM 500gb drive to come down
a bit in price - then I can take my current backup
drives and load them into my lvm partition -
then I'll be near 2tb of video storage...should be enough
for the planned HDTV in November...

Paul