[mythtv-users] Scan converter vs component out

Pat Vaughan patrick_a_vaughan at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:58:33 UTC 2005

I'm using an Asus FX5200 with component out right now, and I'm finding the
output to be fuzzy.  The onscreen guide is barely readable.  Part of my
problem is I have to use a RF modulator because none of my TVs have
component input.

I've gone through everything I can find online, went to a higher-end RF
modulator, and replaced all my cables with Monster cables, and the quality
is still not as good as my Tivo.  It's not really noticable when watching
TV, but the text in Myth is very fuzzy.

I ran across someone running GeeXBoX on an old Epia-M series and was
complaining about the quality of the output on television. He says that
using a scan converter made a big difference is the television quality.

Would I be better off forgetting the component out and buying a scan
converter or is there some other tweaks to be done?