[mythtv-users] dual head setup getting screen size from first screen

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 12 04:18:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 01:25 +0100, Nick wrote:

> If you have 2 separate X servers running (1 for each screen),

Nope.  That seems a waste.  Why the overhead of two X servers when one
with two screens is sufficient?

> can you
> use $DISPLAY to make mythfrontend run on the desired screen instead of
> having it try and guess?

It's not trying to guess.  I am setting DISPLAY=:0.1 before running
mythfrontend.  It displaying on the right screen, just not getting it's
screen geometry from the X server for the right screen.  It runs on :0.1
but thinks it's geometry is that of :0.0.

b.

Brian J. Murrell