[mythtv-users] TV choices - was: Could we install/run Mythtv withoutX-windows

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 12 05:21:13 UTC 2005

>>>>> Jarod Wilson writes:

[...]
j> ModeLine "1920x1080p" 148.352 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125

j> The BIOS comes up just fine on the screen as well, and it accepts
j> standard VESA modes also, so I even did a bare-metal FC4 gui-driven
j> install using nothing but this as my display the whole way. The 1080p
j> mode fits the display perfectly too, not an ounce of overscan and I
j> don't have to run any software deint filters, the TV handles that in
j> hardware.

        How does the TV know to deinterlace a progressive scan input?

[...]
j> I think its going to be about 8-10' to the TV, but we're still
j> shuffling furniture (off to move some now...). Been watching from
j> about 6' away, and SDTV definitely shows its lack of resolution, but
j> the HDTV stuff is amazing even if I'm an inch from the screen.

        If you're willing to have a smaller display size for SD
programs, you could use Myth's zoom mode to "zoom out".  Or you could
set Myth up to switch to an X modeline with a smaller display area.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.