[mythtv-users] Scheduled recordings won't change to correct channel

Azmat azmat.hussain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:16:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

My Myth box has been working great until last weekend when my recordings
disk filled up while I was away from an internet connection. Since then, the
system has been acting somewhat strangely, even after making space for more
programs. When I try to watch live TV, first I get the error saying
something is already using "/dev/dsp" so it cannot play any audio. I
reinstalled my alsa-driver to fix this and that went away, however when I
tune into live TV, I get only about a few seconds of TV before the picture
locks up and I can't do anything. After several more seconds, the system
allows me to return to the main menu. For my scheduled recordings, they
continue to record at the correct time, like normal, except they all record
on only the default channel and won't change to the correct channel to
record. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem or have any idea where
to start debugging it? Thanks.

Azmat