[mythtv-users] "Forgets" to check for idle mode so auto-shutdown not working

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:48:22 UTC 2005

My auto-shutdown used to work like a charm. Not sure what changed
along the way but what happens now is that if Myth has been running
for a few hours the logs don't show "I'm idle now... shutdown will
occur in 120 seconds" etc unless I restart mythbackend. It's almost as
if during normal running it's forgetting to check for being idle and
only a restart of mythbackend will fix it. As soon as I do a restart
it detects stratight away that it's idle and goes into the normal
auto-shutdown process.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a fix for it? I'm on
0.18.1, FC3, binary ATRPMs.

Alternatively, I could write a dirty work-around cron script that does
the mythbackend restart every hour if it's not recording anything.
Does anyone have an easy shell-script check to see if it's recording?
Also, if it's transcoding or commercial flagging or
mythfilldatabase'ing and mythbackend gets restarted does that mess
stuff up?

Regards,
Phill