[mythtv-users] One tuner on PVR-500 (was Re: PVR-500 configuration)

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Tue Sep 13 23:12:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 06:57:51PM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> My understanding of this is that if you only have a PVR-500 you would
> need to have 81-0 and 81-1 in the modprobe.conf file.  In my case I have
> a PVR-350 as well.

Right, I was probably following a document written by someone who had
a non-Hauppage card on /dev/video0 and didn't think at the time to
adjust for it.  Or something like that.

> Did you try putting 81-0 and 81-1 in your modprobe.conf?

No, I haven't.  81-0 (not in modules.conf) works and 81-1 (in
modules.conf) doesn't; I don't want to break the one that's working.

> Please note I am still trying to get my PVR-500 to work as expected so I
> may have this completely wrong.  :)

Based on what I've read, you appear to be correct.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that