[mythtv-users] Oh HDTV, Wherefore art Thou?

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Sep 14 21:53:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 03:33:01PM -0500, Mat Kyne wrote:
> I am one of those people who just can't seem to get it working. I built my
> MythTV box about a year ago, but I still can't get it working properly. It
> seems as soon as I get one thing fixed, Something else breaks.  Every time
>
> I updated my system to FC4, because it was new, and the included Kernel had
> built in support for my pc HDTV 3000 card. I got mythTV all setup
> correctly, but when I get to the part in channel setup, and tell it to scan
> for channels, It doesn't find any. A few months ago while I was using

Are you using DVB?  If so, when you add go into mythtv-setup -> cards,
does it report it sees the pcHDTV card when selecting a DVB card?  If
so, then it sounds like you're missing the DVB firmware for the card.
Grab it from pchdtv.com's download section (listed as firmware) and put
that into your /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware (Or may be
/lib/hotplug/firmware for FC4) then try scanning for channels again.

The Myth SVN/Head as of last night is working pretty well and has a lot
of new useful support for DVB.

Last thing, make sure you visit:

http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DigitalTelevisionDVB

The guide is pretty solid in having everything you need to know.

--Brandon