[mythtv-users] Hello, and question about sound

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 15 08:28:56 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Jeff Clemens wrote:
>
>> Acutally, alsamixer doesn't have the mute controls either any more.
>> Looks like maybe somehow that got removed from the support for the
>> Audigy.
>
> Are you sure you've got the ALSA driver installed?  What does
>
> /sbin/lsmod | grep -r 'snd[-_]emu10k1'
>
> give?  Is the ALSA driver there?  (I'm assuming you don't have an
> Audigy 2 Nx or an Audigy LS in which case you want to check for
> 'snd[-_]usb[-_]audio' or 'snd[-_]ca0106', respectively.)

Hmmm.  It must be 4:20 in the morning.  If alsamixer works, you've got
ALSA drivers installed, but following on my line of thinking, are you
sure that some other soundcard isn't the "first" card (i.e. integrated
sound on your motherboard).

What does

cat /proc/asound/cards

give?  If your Audigy isn't card 0, then you're probably seeing the
mixer for the other card.

Mike