[mythtv-users] Hardware problem with Silverstone Case

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Thu Sep 15 08:46:54 UTC 2005

Lee wrote:

>> I had constant hardware issues with an LC11, which eventually forced
>> me to replace it. It's got too many design flaws to count.
>>
>> --Jo
>

> What kind of problems? I only ask as I have an LC10....

* The space for hard disks cannot take SATA disks, because the cables
interfere with the front intake fan.

* There's a big metal rivet at the back of the case, blocking off any
potential VGA connectors plugged into any potential AGP cards

* The AGP/PCI riser module doesnb't work, and causes screen corruption
and lockups

* The motherboard spacers are built into the case (rather than the
normal screw-in type), and are wider than the norm, such that if the
motherboard isn't screwed in at a precise angle, it'll short out and not
work

There are probably more, but this was a while back.

--Jo